News and Events
Moving Forward With You
Terracon is committed to safely partnering with our communities and our clients to keep projects moving forward. Many essential businesses and critical infrastructure projects are exempt from shelter-in-place orders across the country, which demonstrates the importance of continuing these vital operations.
Safety is a core value at Terracon, and we have made provisions to serve your needs while allowing our employees to continue to work safely. Our field and laboratory staff are practicing safe distancing and adhering to our COVID-19 safety protocols. Meanwhile, our office staff is working remotely. We also take care to follow guidance from the CDC, as well as all federal, state, and local regulations.
Helping to Meet Expectations
In addition to our array of environmental, facilities, geotechnical, and materials services, Terracon remains fully capable of the following services, many of which may be particularly helpful under these unusual circumstances.
- Transportation and infrastructure – We are ready to partner with you as many state transportation departments are approving fast-tracked roadway construction projects. We can help move your essential transportation and infrastructure projects forward, while following state and local guidelines. Terracon provides many services, including environmental and regulatory compliance, geotechnical design, quality assurance and quality control, subsurface investigations, and pavement-related services. Our network of offices brings local knowledge backed by national resources.
- Site selection — Terracon’s Stage1 service gives clients the ability to research prospective sites remotely, and well before investing in field exploration or a Phase I ESA. Stage1 allows project planning and feasibility-level design to be advanced in preparation to the end of current restrictions. This solution allows users to interact with GIS layers and tap into more than five decades of our historical subsurface data, generating a preliminary environmental and geotechnical report delivered via our interactive web portal.
- Federal emergency response — With on-call federal agreements we are available to help expedite access to emergency funds for many items, including maintenance and repair, facility conversions, aging infrastructure, or essential projects exempt from stay-at-home mandates.
- Construction Materials Testing — Our nationwide network of laboratories is hard at work, providing essential services for essential projects. We’re working safely by utilizing safety protocols and flexible shifts to maintain social distancing while providing the best possible service.
- Third-Party Building Inspections – If local building inspectors are not able to serve a project, Terracon provides third-party building inspection services. Our on-site inspection teams are certified in various Special Inspection categories of the building code. We can provide local knowledge to help keep essential projects on track.
- Environmental Inspections — We provide Phase I environmental site assessments on undeveloped land and vacant buildings, and asbestos/lead/hazardous material inspections for vacant or low-occupancy buildings, with services possibly available after hours to keep essential projects moving.
- Healthcare, Logistics, and Technology — Healthcare facilities are essential to communities, now more than ever. Our services include verifying dependable structures, optimizing building performance, and helping manage improvements for multiple locations across the country.
By working safely together as a team, we stand ready to support your projects. We are committed to helping our clients and protecting our employees as we see our way through this pandemic.
We stand ready to help. Contact your local Terracon office to learn how we can help with your project.