Terracon’s Lufkin office was established in 1984 by Mr. William V. Jacobs, P.E., and Mr. Daniel E. Pickett, P.E., who founded Pickett-Jacobs Consultants, Inc. (PJC) to provide geotechnical and construction materials engineering and testing services. Terracon acquired PJC in January 2004 in order to provide a local presence in east Texas.
Terracon’s Lufkin office is conveniently located at 1609 South Chestnut Street, Suite 107, near the Chamber of Commerce, and in the complex with local engineers, architects, and developers. Lufkin provides services to a broad area, including western Louisiana. The Lufkin office currently has 16 full-time employees and two part-time employees. Three of those employees are located at a project office near Shreveport, La.