Committed to Our Clients and Communities
All of us at Terracon are committed to safely partnering with you to keep our communities and projects moving forward to the extent possible and consistent with state and local responses to this unprecedented crisis. We appreciate the confidence you have shown in us, and we are grateful for your business. We expect the situation will continue to be challenging in the coming weeks, and we look forward to getting back to normal operations. In the meantime, your local office is only a phone call away should there be anything we can do to help.
keeping critical infrastructure moving forward
In light of the recent shelter-in-place orders throughout the U.S., we wanted to keep you up-to-date with regards to continuing operations on your important projects.
We are committed to supporting essential business and critical infrastructure projects. We are closely following the direction of state and local authorities, safety protocols, and guidance provided by the CDC. In most states, this allows us to continue vital operations and address your project needs.
We are here to help. By working safely together as a team, we stand ready to support your projects.
Shelter in Place response
To keep our employees safe while partnering with you to keep your essential business and critical infrastructure projects moving, we have created specific COVID-19 pre-task planning procedures for our field and office employees. We have also established laboratory contingency plans in each of our local offices, while having our laboratory employees work double shifts to make it easier to practice social distancing. We are maintaining continuity through a planned approach of possible scenarios that cares for those who may be exposed while protecting others who are healthy. Provided below are our Action Plan should we have employees exposed, as well as our notifications process and disinfection and cleaning protocols.
As part of our required protocols, we are requesting the following additional information from our partners as well to maximize the safety for our employees.
- Precautions for disease transmission prevention on the site and notification plan for exposure incidents
- Return-to-work protocols for personnel with a potential or actual exposure incident
- Processes in place to determine if and when an infected project site is safe to return to work
As information becomes available, or if we experience any changes that impact our ability to perform our work, we will keep you informed.
how we can help
We reassure you that we have made provisions to serve your needs in these difficult times. Our field and laboratory staff are practicing safe distancing, while our office staff are working remotely. Following protocols, there are number of ways we can address your project needs.
- Transportation and infrastructure – Environmental and regulatory compliance, geotechnical design, quality assurance/quality control, subsurface investigations, or pavement-related services. This includes response to agencies taking advantage of lower usage of critical infrastructure such as roadways, bridges, aviation, and schools.
- Site selection – Research of prospective sites can be done with Stage1 without leaving your computer. This service allows project planning and feasibility-level design to be advanced in preparation for the end of current restrictions. Interact with GIS layers and tap into our historical subsurface data across the country to gain preliminary environmental and geotechnical report data before field exploration or a Phase I ESA.
- Federal emergency response – Utilize Terracon’s existing on-call agreements to expedite access to emergency funding for items such as maintenance and repair, facility conversions, aging infrastructure, or projects that are exempt from shelter-at-home mandates.
- Construction materials testing – Laboratory capacity and the flexibility to react quickly to challenging circumstances while maintaining social distancing.
- Third-party building inspections – On-site inspection teams certified in various Special Inspection categories of the building code if the local building inspector is not able to service the project.
- Environmental Inspections– Perform Phase 1 site assessments for undeveloped land and vacant buildings and asbestos/lead/hazardous material inspections for vacant, unoccupied, or low occupancy buildings. In some cases, building inspections may also be performed after hours.
- Healthcare/Logistics/Technology – Verifying dependable structures, optimizing building performance, and helping manage improvements for multiple locations across the country.
By working safely together as a team, we stand ready to support your projects. We value your confidence and we are grateful for your partnership. Let us know how we can help.
Laboratory Services and Contingencies
Materials testing and laboratory services are required to verify the quality of construction materials used for projects. We have taken necessary steps to allow the safe operation of our network of laboratories across the country while following to all federal, state, and local guidelines.
Our laboratory staff can work flexible and staggered shifts in order meet client demand while following social distancing guidelines and our Incident and Injury-Free® safety program. We’re also following standards to keep PPE and lab tools clean. You can read about this and our other safety protocols here.
Terracon is diligently monitoring developments related to the coronavirus (COVID-19), declared by the World Health Organization (WHO) and the Centers for Disease Control (CDC) as a public health emergency, and its potential impact on our clients and our company.