News and Events
Terracon Announces Terracon Foundation Grant Recipients
OLATHE, Kan. — The Terracon Foundation recently awarded 15 community grants and three university grants nationwide. The program is the result of an expansion of the Terracon Foundation in 2012.
In 2008, Terracon partnered with the Greater Kansas City Community Foundation to establish the Terracon Foundation, a corporate philanthropy initiative. In 2012, Terracon announced the foundation was expanding in a big way, including opportunities for employees to improve their lives and that of their families and communities. The expanded program includes national partner grants, community grants, university grants and employee scholarships.
“With the need for a well-educated workforce, ensuring sustainable, quality university programs and opportunities for bright students was the focal point of the foundation in the beginning,” said David Gaboury, P.E., Terracon president and CEO. “Our goal moving forward is to each out and become a real part of the lives of our employees and the communities we serve.”
The below organizations received a community grants, where Terracon aims to support
local, non-profit programs with active engagement of employees in communities where Terracon employees live and work.
- Boys & Girls Club of Saline County – Benton, AR
- Communities In Schools of San Antonio – San Antonio, TX
- Diamonds and Fields – Parkersburg, IA
- Engineers Without Borders “ UNLV Student Chapter – Las Vegas, NV
- Family Enrichment Center of Davenport – Davenport, IA
- Holy Family Cristo Rey High School – Ensley, AL
- Lynndale Elementary School – Lynnwood, WA
- Mentoring Brother 2 Brother – Cedar Hill, TX
- Metanoia N. – Charleston, SC
- Olathe North High School – Olathe, KS
- Olathe Northwest Debate and Forensics – Olathe, KS
- Roper Mountain Science Center Association – Greenville, SC
- Texas Conservation Fund – Houston, TX
- Tucson Clean & Beautiful – Tucson, AZ
- Wildwood Outdoor Education Center – La Cygne, KS
The below organizations received university grants, where Terracon looks to support graduate-level scholarships, fellowships, purchase of equipment and similar programs in the areas of science, technology, engineering and mathematics, based on employee recommendations. –
- Texas Tech University – Lubbock, TX
- University of Texas at San Antonio – San Antonio, TX
- Virginia Tech Foundation – Blacksburg, VA
The below organization received a national grant, where Terracon aims to support national non-profit organizations with a limited number of substantial grants.
- Engineers Without Borders USA – Boulder, CO
The Terracon Foundation will present national partner grants (supporting national non-profit organizations nominated by employees, and employee scholarships) and employee scholarships (providing the children and dependents of employees the opportunity to continue their education through scholarship assistance) in the summer of 2013.
For further information about the Terracon Foundation, please visit: https://www.terracon.com/about/terracon-foundation/
Terracon is an employee-owned engineering consulting firm with more than 2,800 employees providing geotechnical, environmental, construction materials and facilities services from more than 130 offices in 39 states nationwide. Terracon currently ranks 39th on Engineering News-Record’s
List of Top 500 Design Firms. For additional information about Terracon, please visit www.terracon.com.