IHI is currently providing industrial hygiene and hazardous materials consulting services on a large-scale hospital renovation project in Oakland, California. During 2007, IHI was selected by Vanir Construction Management to perform industrial hygiene consulting services on the multi-phase Highland Hospital Acute Tower Replacement Project. IHI also supported Vanir during renovation activities at the Fairmont Hospital in San Leandro, which created extra space for personnel displaced during renovation projects on the Highland Hospital Campus.
Highland Hospital Project highlights are presented below.
- IHI designed the project specification sections for asbestos abatement, lead-hazard control, miscellaneous hazardous materials removal, and infection control which were included in the overall design-build bid package
- IHI designed abatement work plans for several tasks that were not included in the design-build package
- IHI performed as-needed building inspections, hazard assessments, and industrial hygiene and occupational safety consulting
- IHI conducted hazardous materials abatement monitoring that included pre-and- post abatement visual inspections, daily work practice observations, perimeter air sampling, and clearance air sampling
- IHI quantified certain materials in cooperation with the abatement contractor and the general contractor's consultant (these quantities were used as the basis for additive and deductive change orders)
- IHI reviewed and signed hazardous waste manifests
IHI will continue to provide these and other health and safety services for Vanir on the Highland Hospital Acute Tower Replacement Project through 2014.
OaklandGeolocation: 37.848, -122.2948
erracon's Oakland office offers a full range of environmental consulting services to safely manage chemical, physical, and biological hazards. Our industrial hygiene experts specialize in mold investigations and remediation monitoring; indoor air quality assessments; worker exposure monitoring for dust, noise, vapors, and metals; and a wide variety of other services. The office has one of the largest teams of industrial hygienists and certified asbestos and lead professionals in the San Francisco Bay…